MythTV Reloaded - Day 13

Nov 23 2011

Ok, after a good night sleep I have cooled down enough to be productive again.  I decided to reinstall Fedora 15, this time using KDE as the desktop instead of Gnome.  I'm sure that if I had dug into it far enough I could have figured out how to resolve the windowing issues that I was facing.  Maybe there was a desktop effect that I could have turned off somewhere or something but I didn't feel like figuring out that problem when all I want to do is get the MythTV frontend up and running.  So I decided to kill that installation and load up Fedora 15 with KDE as the desktop environment this time.  The rest of the install process was identical as far ask I can tell.  After I got the graphics drivers and MythTV installed I found that I did not have that screen corruption issue.

I did still face the second problem that I reported in my last entry - MythTV playback was corrupted.  This problem turned out to not be as big of a problem as I originally thought.  To fix it I went into the setup options for TV Settings -> Playback and changed the profile to High Quality.  Once I completed that, playback proceeded as normal.  I'm sure that down the road I may tweak the playback profiles some more to get a bit more out of it, but at least it works now.  That's as far as I'm going for now.  I'm still a little annoyed that I had to go through that in the first place.  

Needless to say, WAF is not at its highest right now.  Hopefully there will not be many more setbacks in this process.  Need to get that remote figured out...

Website design by Yammm Software
Powered by Drupal