Extender locks up PC

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Extender locks up PC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jennyfur
    Participant

OK, so I’ve been happily running Vista Media Center since building my machine in December (C2D E6750, 2gb DDR2 800, Asus P5K, GeForce 8800GT, Avermedia M780, Vista Ultimate 32bit). A couple weeks ago I finally managed to get my hands on an xbox 360, and of course I immediately set it up as an extender. It connects just fine… but after about a minute in the extender session, the PC locks up. Which of course makes the xbox lose connection.

I immediately assumed it was one of my add-ons, even though they had all been working just fine on the PC. So I uninstalled them all except MyMovies, which I didn’t feel like having to reconfigure. I really don’t think it’s the issue anyway. But whatever, machine still locks up. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing on the extender… watching live TV, using an add-on, watching a recorded show. So not a codec issue or anything of that sort. I’m leaning towards network related problem. I have a D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit router (DIR-655). I don’t think it’s the culprit though… I found a post on a forum somewhere with somebody else having the same problem who had an Asus P5B board, and I think both it and my board share the same brand NIC. All my drivers are up to date as far as I know. Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.