IT’S ALIVE!

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground IT’S ALIVE!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jennyfur
    Participant

I got the remainder of the parts I wanted for my brand new system for christmas. Set it all up last night and installed that copy of Vista I’ve been sitting on since the summer. Up and running great, posting from it right now! 🙂

I still have yet to install the Avermedia m780 on it. I’d like to try out those beta QAM drivers in MCE once I do. The delay is somewhat due to the following:

I retired my old HTPC (the “spare parts” Meedio rig I loved to make fun of. So no more jokes about my 900mhz CPU and 384mb RAM). Unfortunately, the hard drive from that machine contains all my music and other media. And it is proving to be a problem getting it into either the new PC or the machine I’d been using as my main rig up until yesterday due to case/board layout. Looks like I’ll be buying that external enclosure I was considering a lot sooner than originally intended, or grabbing an SATA DVD burner so that the old HDD can have a cable to itself on the single IDE channel the new rig has.

Also, my card reader seems to have died in the move from the old PC to the new one. After tearing apart my den I managed to find the USB cable to my digital camera so the loss of the card reader isn’t that big a deal and I can forgo replacing it.

Anyways, final specs:

Case – Lian Li PC-60B PlusII
      Motherboard – Asus P5K SE
      CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
      RAM – 2gb DDR2 800
      PSU – Corsair HX520
      GPU – BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC 512mb
      Optical drive – Pioneer DVD+/-RW
      Hard drive – Western Digital 500gb
      OS- Windows Vista Ultimate

Hooked it up to a D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit router

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.