Crim

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • I’ve been having issues with WHS recently too. It’s becoming a major PITA for me. From studdering (which goes away once I rewind a tad) to WHS just randomly shutting down a few times a day! It had been working fine for nealy a year and then I think one of the Win updates killed it or something. Oddly enough I think it doesn’t like WMC much cause if I close it on my HTPC it’ll run much smoother through out the day…

    in reply to: November 9th Blu-ray Releases #28986

    I really liked it (Scott Pilgrim) even though I adore the books. I plan on picking it up. 🙂

    in reply to: Blog: Old School HTPC Gaming #28768

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132006
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132007

    My Asus DX sound card could take EAX and output it over coax/spdif (unlike any Creative card). I think even the cheaper ones can do it too. Might want to look into that. I really liked the feature for older games (when I had the card, sold it a while back cause I needed some extra money. I plan on getting another soon though.)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132013
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020

    in reply to: Caprica gets Frakked by Syfy #28743

    [quote=”usacomp2k3″]
    The story was moving very slow. I was enjoying it, but goodness gracious, speed it up a little.
    [/quote]
    I don’t mind slow moving stories but after BSG Caprica was kind of a let down. I watched the first two episodes and just couldn’t get into it at all even though I wanted too.

    in reply to: I Want This Phone #28038

    Really awesome concept but I’d take if they could make Fennec for Android at some point….

    [quote=”Mikinho”]
    I agree that you and just about any enthusiast can build the internal hardware but the chassis isn’t cheap to manufacturer.  To create a [i]single[/i] (i.e. not in bulk) high quality faceplate for a rack mountable chassis would easily cost $600 alone.
    [/quote]Wow. I didn’t realise that when I bought that $1200 Niveus HTPC that what I was really buying and investing in was the $600 HTPC case.

    Seriously. I don’t care and I highly doubt anyone else really cares about a pretty $600 case when they’re just putting it in a closet/basement/out of sight. I’ve seen people drop serious money, I mean [i][b]serious money[/i][/b] on a home theater. They’re the kind of people that Niveus [i][b]was[/i][/b] targetting. All those people built some really nice HTPCs (or just straight up bought and retrofitted a good Dell or something) because that pretty, [i][b]expensive[/i][/b] case isn’t what they were trying to get out of their HTPC. It just wasn’t worth it.

    Hell, I wasn’t even interested in their products until they started working on their really cool software. The first that caught my attention was the one that let you control your HTPC using a laptop!! But that only worked on “Niveus made systems” even though it was more like a companion app to Media Center.

    And that’s kind of my point; instead of focusing on all the things that they should have been they focused on the extravagant and made that they’re niche. “Bang for you buck” means a lot more then just shopping at Newegg and throwing it all together. I think, ultimately, that’s a major issue that a lot of Media Center builders haven’t realised fully.

    [quote=”perry59″]
    with unlimited funding, I could build something just as good. 😛
    [/quote]
    … With $600 I could build something similar. They’re like the Apple of the HTPC world, highly overpriced for the hardware but the software is where you get your money’s worth.

    I hope they decide to open their software and sell it, I loved a lot of it but they were always tied to their super expensive systems.

    I really hope they decide to implement softsled into Embedded and that places like Newegg are able to sell it for OEM or something. With the way it’s shaping up I’d LOVE to use on an HTPC. 🙂

    in reply to: Boxee Box Opts For Intel CE4100 SOC #27892

    [quote=”babgvant”]
    Form factor and geek appeal.
    [/quote]
    Geeks aren’t the people this thing is aimed at. Geeks would pay a little more and get a Zino.

    in reply to: Boxee Gets a Movie Library, Actually A Few Of Them #27609

    [quote=”shadymg”]
    Crim, have you used Boxee? There’s SOOO much more to it than just movies. they have so many different offerings as robinhoody mentions, PLUS one of my favorite traits is the auto-fetching music information.
    [/quote]
    Yeah I have which is why I’m surprised there was no movie library function (but it seems that I’m confusing a streaming movie function with a local movie function) but I really didn’t like it at all and hate the whole “social” aspect of it actually.

    Wow. I’m sure this is spam….

    in reply to: Boxee Gets a Movie Library, Actually A Few Of Them #27604

    I really don’t see the point of Boxee or the appeal of it. Movie Library? Okay, that’s cool. Everything else has already had a “movie library” feature for some time now…. but it’s totally cool if you want a pap on the back for finally catching up.

    Oh, wait. Those movies aren’t really anything anyone is going to care about….

    in reply to: Has anyone else seen Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited? #27593

    [quote=”shadymg”]
    ok…so i might be alone here…but i remember when i first saw the “special additions” that had like the extra Jabba scenes with Han for example, i honestly didn’t care much for it. Seeing hte new CGI on such a classic just felt wrong. I’ll still watch this new one i’m sure, but yeah….just feels a bit odd to me. im sure i’m in the minority here
    [/quote]
    This is nothing like Lucas’s abominations. It’s what Lucas SHOULD have done if he wasn’t more concerned about selling toys and other bullshit.

    in reply to: Why is it so difficult to cut the Cable? #27574

    I don’t watch any cable TV (live or recorded) due to alternate methods. Then again I don’t care about sports or anything like that.

    I still watch the latest shows and all that.

    The only ones in the house that do watch cable TV are my mother and my sister. They like stuff like VH1….

    Now, what I take away from articles like this is that MUCH of America wants to ditch the crappy service that Cable Co’s offer. If Hulu got thier stuff together I’m sure they could make a very compelling service that many would jump on.

    in reply to: August 3rd Blu-ray Releases #27073

    [quote=”shadymg”]
    lol Crim…you’re so harsh!! curious, do you think if you hadn’t read the book you would have though favorable? I only ask because you agreed with me on Cage’s performance, which I figure would be worth at least watching it…not to you?
    [/quote]
    My dislike has little to do with having read the book, I just hate the main character in the movie. I’ve watched it so far with my sis, bro and a friend and they all agreed that the main character’s story was just painful to watch while they should have spent more time with Cage and Moretz.

    My friend actually only watched about 15/20 minutes of it before she got bored and angry at it and demanded I turn it off. I told her to hold tight and just skipped straight to all the Big Daddy and Hit Girl parts. She LOVED them too.

    I hate seeing smart characters do stupid things just to move the story along and I feel that Kick Ass is nothing more then an incredibly immature High School kid who wants to feel important so he thinks it would be a “cool” idea to suit up. His entire character is superficial. It annoyed me to no end. The changes from the book to the movie did nothing but show me that everyone onboard with the movie didn’t care either about the artificial-ness of their watered down Lizewski.

    I LOVED Cage and Chloë Moretz’s performances!! The only time I’ll watch Kick Ass I skip everything else and go right to their story parts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)