Naylia
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Check out EventGhost. I can’t see it on the website, but their is an entire folder of commands dedicated to SoundCard control.
Go see Red. It was excellent. My friends who saw both thought that Red was the movie that Losers had the potential to be.
Sexy…does anyone use this and like it?
I believe there are even apps out there that will switch audio device based on when you run certain executables.
[quote=”vile2064″]
The X-Fi based Auzentech cards actually include the Creative Alchemy software with the driver package.
[/quote]This was my thought…why look at buying a Creative card, when you can just buy one of the newer model Auzentech cards.
[quote=”Skirge01″]
Comskip is single-threaded, which means that a Comskip will only run for a single recording, using a single core, at any time. If you have 2 cores, you can run two instances of Comskip, which would then run on two separate recordings at the same time.You could have Comskip running on multiple computers, as well, which is what they were probably referring to.
[/quote]This makes sense to me if you are recording on multiple pcs and then each pc does it’s own comskipping with available resources of the shows it recorded, but I wonder how this would impact network bandwidth if you run comskip over the network. Especially if you already have clients and/or network tuners using some of it. I guess you could schedule it for only late night hours and then the network bandwidth wouldn’tt be an issue.
I may be a little late…but what’s the quad core for?
You mention Comskip…but that’s done on the server. Your client just has to read the resulting edl file with timestamps.
If you aren’t gaming, and just sticking to client HTPC duties I’d go with a lower powered dual core. It’ll be a lot easier to run cool and quiet.
IRTrans is another fairly well supported model. My first was a built-in iMon and that was pretty useless because it only worked with their software.
Yes, this was thought I had that I mention in the Cons. I thought a shelf w/ window for IR would be nice above the card reader.
But…I’m also in the camp that sees the value of using some sticky tape to attach your IR receiver to the bottom of your tv. Included IR I dislike – because they almost never include a standard IR receiver (in my mind there are only two – USB-Uirt and MCE Receiver – anything else is useless). Even building in a shelf with an IR glass window is not necessarily a feature that every one will use.
[quote=”Ugadata”]
I just heard this morning that Apple may be looking to purchase Netflix, has anyone else ran across this news?[/quote]While certainly possible it would be a large investment for Apple. Netflix market cap – $9.5 billion. Apple cash = $50 billion.
Yes, they’ve made a couple small changes in each version as they have iterated on the case.
This fall revision that just started shipping has the following improvements:
1) Removed grill section from front half of top of case – this improves airflow. With the case fan on the side front, you’d end up with in intaking air that would then just push right back out the top. Now the air should flow across the drives through the case and out the rear top vents.
2) Top cover is 20% thicker – increased rigidity and reduced vibration.
3) Additional screw hole for hard mounting the optical drive – targeted at system builders who ship PCs to their customers.
If you go microATX with a separate video card, make sure the that the ordering of the PCI slots make sense. A quiet video card will often have either a large heat sink or a large fan which blocks the adjacent PCI slot. So plan on not having access to that slot and then make sure that you can still support the add-on cards you have planned.
A buddy just stopped by my cube yesterday for the sole puporse of warning me off of the new Medal of Honor. It said it was a complete disappointment.
Yes, I’m pretty sure it works perfectly. I just hate the location of the keyboard (above the gamepad)
[quote=”shadymg”]
Hopefully they can figure this out soon…but Dan…quit putting ideas in Mikinho’s head!!! 😛
[/quote]Mikinho was already there and participating in the discussion….it’s not my fault! 🙂 Sometimes the internet seems small.
-
AuthorPosts
